May 23, 2007

Things that make you go hmmmmm...

Every Memorial and Veterans Day, a resident of my hometown (the one I lived in when I was born, and hope to end up again someday - the one I drive through 4 times a week on my way to work), puts up these signs on telephone poles along Route 16 for the soldiers killed in Iraq. This year, I believe he's only put up the names of those who have died in the last 6 months, which numbered 653 as of Sunday. This one really got to me...19 years old, not yet old enough to legally drink, but old enough to die for our country. It's tragic.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

That's so sad :(

Jeana said...

So sad :(

joybear said...

Very sad,

Leah said...

HE will be honored in my memory and I will be indebted to him for his service.

HLHBC said...

I saw that recently too. It is sad. I'm glad that the town allows those signs to go up and stay up.